This is probably the question that I get asked the most; where do I find out about the all the health and fitness events that I go to in London?
So here it is, a concrete list of the best accounts to follow if you’re interested in attending some of these events yourself.
- #GirlGains: Of course, I couldn’t not mention this incredible community that I am so proud to be an ambassador for. I am a huge advocate for this movement and the events that these girls organise, which you can read about here, here, here, here and here. They usually consist of an intense workout, lots of delicious food and you’re guaranteed to leave with a goody bag full of healthy treats and having met some lovely girls with similar interests. I am always overwhelmed by the emotion and passion that the three girls behind the movement; Zanna Van Dijk, Tally Rye and Victoria Spence put into each event and I never fail to leave feeling incredibly inspired and full of energy and ideas. Currently, although the girls have hosted some events up North and in Scotland, most of the events do take place in London. However, now with the strong team of ambassadors, we will hopefully be spreading the movement all across the UK and beyond!
- #FitFluence: I recently attended one of their events for this first time, which you can read about here. The style of the events is similar to that of #GirlGains, but there is always also a ‘knowledge session’, in which you learn from industry professionals and you can ask any burning questions that you may have. The great thing about these events is that they plan a few each month, all of which are listed here.
- Sports Philosophy: This is one of my favourite activewear brands, not just because the quality of the clothes is incredible but they also place a large emphasis on corporate responsibility and as such, use their brand as a way of fighting child labour. The two founders are both incredibly inspiring in their own right and it has been a pleasure getting to know them this past year thanks to the events that they host. They organise regular running clubs and bootcamps around London, which they’ll often publicise via instagram. Not only are these events a great way to meet new people and explore some of London’s most beautiful parks, but they’re also free; a rare treat in London.
- WellToDoLondon: I attended one of their events last September, which you can read about here. The WellToDo Founder series of events are different from the those described above, in that they don’t contain a sweaty workout and lots of girls in head to toe Lorna Jane activewear. Instead, they are much more business focused, with a panel discussion from industry experts and as such, are more geared towards those within the health and fitness industry or those looking to get into it. They also regularly host business masterclasses, which are a great combination of panel discussion and workshops. A full list of past and future events can be found here.
- Active In Style: Another one of my favourite brands and again, the owner is an incredibly inspiring woman who I’ve also had the pleasure of meeting thanks to their involvement in so many events. They often have stalls at #GirlGains events, and also organise their own events and regular running clubs as well. They recently hosted Clean Eating Alice‘s book launch, which they advertised tickets for through instagram.