This is my first blog post after a little two week break over the holidays, as I really needed some time just to relax with my family, unwind and enjoy the Christmas and New Year festivities. However, I’m now ready to kickstart the New Year as I mean to go on, in the healthiest and most nourishing way possible.
Whilst skiing in Switzerland with my family and friends over Christmas, I tried a new version of rösti I had never come across before, with smoked salmon and avocado, which inspired me to create my own healthy rösti recipe.
I am still a huge fan of the traditional rösti though, which usually comes with a fried egg on top, but to avoid the added fat and calories, I opted for a poached egg. I switched the usual white potato for a sweet one, as I am a bit of sweet potato fanatic, which is probably obvious by the amount of recipes using them on here, which can be found here, here and here.
I made this recipe for my whole family today and it went down a treat, I hope you like it just as much!
Ingredients (serves 1):
1 medium sweet potato, grated
1 teaspoon coconut oil
50g smoked salmon
A few slivers of cucumber
1 egg, poached
1 tablespoon of coriander
- Wash and grate the sweet potato.
- Heat a teaspoon of coconut oil in a frying pan and add the sweet potato to the pan.
- Cook the potato for roughly 8 minutes on a medium-high heat, then flip and cook the other side.
- Peel the cucumber and place a few thin slivers on top of the sweet potato rösti.
- Then add the smoked salmon slices.
- Finally, add the poached egg and sprinkle on the coriander.
Don’t forget to tag me @chezshanay #chezshanay- I would love to see your creations!