Seeing as we seem to have skipped over Autumn and gone straight into Winter here in the UK, I figured today was the perfect time to share my favourite porridge recipe of the moment! This honestly is so easy to make and really makes eating oats much more exciting, especially if like me, you eat it everyday and are getting bored of the usual flavours!
The jam is incredibly simple to make as well and lasts 5 days in the fridge, so it’s perfect for making a big batch of on Sunday night and then using it as a spread on toast, or adding it to your oats during the week along with the peanut butter, to create this amazing Peanut Butter and Jelly creation.
Ingredients of Oats:
1/2 Cup Oats
1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
2 teaspoons Home-made Strawberry Chia Jam*
2 teaspoons peanut butter
50g fresh blueberries
*Ingredients for Jam:
200g fresh strawberries
1 teaspoon chia seeds
- Combine strawberries and lemon juice in a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and stir in 1 tablespoon of chia seeds.
- Refrigerate overnight and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Mix oats, almond milk and 1 teaspoon of peanut butter in a bowl and microwave for roughly 2 minutes.
- Top with 2 teaspoons of home-made strawberry chia seed jam, 1 teaspoon of peanut butter and 50g fresh blueberries.
Nutrition Information (per serving):
Carbs: 37 grams
Fat: 16 gram
Protein: 11 grams
Don’t forget to tag me @chezshanay #chezshanay- I would love to see your creations!